Barge Master – World Wide
For 2017 CSC Crewing BV is looking for experienced Barge Master.
This vacancy is written in a very wide perspective of our client’s needs. Some of the clients work with mooring system, some with Spuds, others with Ballasting system and some with anchors or a combination of several positioning systems. Please specify clearly on your application which systems you have worked with, on what project and what types of barges.
CSC Crewing BV is a Dutch based crewing agency. Fully MLC 2006 certified and we supply professionals to maritime and dredging industry worldwide. CSC Crewing has its own offices in The Netherlands, Lithuania and The Philippines and a network of agents around the globe.
Due to our international network we can offer you and of course our own staff, of maritime and dredging professionals, the best solutions and support with your personal development in your line of profession.
The Barge Master is in charge of the Barge and has authority over all maneuvering, engineering and planned maintenance. The Barge Master is a professional with hands on mentality and experience in all operational and technical aspects of Maritime and/or Offshore operations. Besides excellent technical skills, the Barge Master has the management skills to train, coach and maintain his crew to the standards of our clients, and to their own potential. The Barge Master maintains all communication with superintendents, Works Managers and the Technical Management.
Bottom line: you are responsible for the efficient, safe running and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and ancillary equipment and deck machinery on board of the barge
Experience is preferred, but the right mentality and team player are much more important.
- You can display of operational excellence and seamanship;
- You are possession of a valid certificate of competence according to STCW 95 OR Nogepa/Opito (BOSIET & HUET), a seaman’s book.
- In possession of all valid relevant certificates;
- Experience within the dredging or offshore industry or within the maritime industry;
- Good command of Dutch and English language;
- You have an independent and safe attitude with quality awareness and responsibility;
- You have a friendly and flexible attitude with regard to working hours;
- Willingness to work abroad on a regular basis, ranging from a week to several months;
- You are a team player who thinks along and can improvise on location;
- You show initiative, are accurate and creative in finding solutions.
CSC Crewing BV is a real no-nonsense business, in which seafarers and dredging professionals feel at home. Your work takes place in a challenging and (inter) national environment. Therefore we offer you a competitive salary with excellent benefits which also suits your background and experience.
Our client has requested for EU-residences. For more information, kindly send an email to email@example.com or call us at 0031 (0) 10 66 66 060.